On 13th September 2006 the Viral Video Chart was born. Here is what else was happening on the internet that day.
- Facebook announces that it is going to open up its virtual doors to anyone with an e-mail address (emarketer)
- 65,000 videos are uploaded every day to Youtube.
- BT unveils plans to launch a major podcasting site, called BT Podshow, inviting individuals, established artists and mainstream media companies to contribute material.
- Twitter is 2 months old and Tweets are not limited to 140 characters.
- Google’s CEO is elected to Apple’s board. Their alliance was formed to disrupt Microsoft’s market dominance.
Click on the links below to see what was spreading like wildfire back in 2006.